LEXUS LAUNCHES WORLD PREMIERE OF ICONIC LUXURY SUV LX IN RIYADH
منذ 1 شهر
Arabian Drive - Lexus’ new SUV LX has been unveiled for the first time at a global event hosted by Abdul Latif Jameel Motors in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The long-anticipated premiere reveal was met with excitement among guests, luxury car enthusiasts and Lexus fans.
Lexus’ fully refreshed flagship SUV maintains its predecessor’s luxurious feel and the automobile manufacturer’s signature brand identity, which combines progressive luxury with bold design and superior performance, giving the LX a unique presence in the global premium SUV market.
The premiere took place on Wednesday, 13 October at the historic Tuwaiq Palace in Riyadh’s Diplomatic Quarter, an area known for its combination of heritage buildings and modern award-winning architectural design.
Attendance at the exclusive event included notable guests, celebrities, diplomats, local and international media hosted by executives from Abdul Latif Jameel Motors. The global event was broadcast live on Lexus’ website and social media platforms.
The event featured a spectacular, record-breaking light show and formations comprised of 1,000 drones. The drones put on a 3D light show, dazzling attendees, and celebrating the connection between art, science, and technology.
Hassan Jameel, Vice President and Vice Chairman of Abdul Latif Jameel, said in his opening remarks: “I am delighted that Riyadh was chosen as the site for this global event, and it is a great honor to have the all-new, Lexus LX unveiled in the Kingdom. I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and His Highness the Crown Prince for their continuous support of the Kingdom’s private sector.”
He added: “This event is a testament to the global importance of the Kingdom for the Lexus brand, and especially the Lexus LX. It also reflects the strong and successful relationship between Toyota Motor Corporation and Abdul Latif Jameel Motors and highlights the long-standing and continued success of a partnership that spans more than 65 years. Throughout our partnership, Abdul Latif Jameel Motors has worked hard to continue meeting and exceeding the needs and aspirations of its guests and has harnessed all its capabilities to make Lexus the leading luxury
car mobility brand in the Kingdom.”
Mr. Jameel concluded by reaffirming his commitment to place Abdul Latif Jameel Motors at the forefront of the global mobility sector.
“We are working to innovate and influence the future of mobility in line with the ambitious goals of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030, whose achievements are globally admired thanks to the wise leadership of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and the Crown Prince, His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.”
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES OF THE ALL NEW LX
Since its establishment in 1989, Lexus has always been committed to the spirit of innovation and has continued to take up the challenge of providing new technologies and value to its customers. Since its launch in 1996, the LX has been well received as Lexus’ flagship SUV due to its high-quality, ride comfort, and driving performance that can withstand all kinds of roads around the world. This has been achieved by refining the founding concepts of the LX: “reliability”, “durability”, and “rough-road driving performance”. The LX has sold a cumulative total of approximately 500,000 units in more than 50 countries and regions as of the end of August 2021.
The new LX is designed to provide vehicle occupants with exceptional comfort and enrich their life experiences. While maintaining a traditional body-on-frame structure to ensure reliability, durability, and d driving performance, it renews its characteristics by adopting the new GA-F platform, realizing a weight reduction of approximately 200 kg, and achieving a digitally-developed high-rigidity body. The new LX will be available with either a high-output, high-torque 3.5-liter V6 twin-turbo gasoline engine or a powerful 3.3-liter V6 diesel twin-turbo engine. Electronically controlled brakes (ECB) and an electric power steering system (EPS) are also adopted to ensure customers will be able to enjoy Lexus-unique driving performance to the fullest, both on-road and off-road.
These innovations, plus the adoption of two new available powertrains, will also contribute to improved environmental performance, reducing annual CO2 emissions when the vehicle is in use by approximately 20 percent on a global cumulative basis compared to the previous model, thus contributing to the realization of a carbon-neutral society. In harsh off-road environments, to promote a safer and more comfortable driving experience, the instrument panel features Lexus’ first dual display with a 12.3-inch upper screen and 7-inch lower screen, as well as Back Underfloor View, which displays the area beneath the rear part of the vehicle as a world first*.
The new LX is more personalized, with the newly added VIP grade, which is specially designed with four independent seats for elegant and safe travel on all kinds of roads, and the F SPORT grade, which allows customers to enjoy sporty driving on winding roads.
In terms of styling, while pursuing a design that contributes to athletic performance and function (a design perspective that began with the new NX), ideal proportions are expressed through a blending of sophistication, power, and presence befitting a flagship SUV.
Among other featured technologies, Lexus’ first fingerprint-authentication push-start switch contributes to reducing the risk of theft.
＜ MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES OF THE ALL NEW LX ＞
1.. Achievement of high-quality driving through renewed vehicle fundamentals
- The new GA-F platform has been adopted for the first time by Lexus in pursuit of an ideal inertia factor. The vehicle’s front/rear center of gravity has been optimized by placing the engine further back.
- In addition to downsizing from a larger displacement engine and employing a lighter new Active Height Control (AHC) suspension, the roof material, which is high above the vehicle’s center of gravity, has been replaced with lightweight aluminum. This has resulted in a lowering of the center of gravity and a weight reduction of approximately 200 kg.
- The power plants are a newly employed 3.5-liter V6 twin-turbo gasoline engine and 3.3-liter V6 twin-turbo diesel engine, both of which achieve high-quality driving performance.
2. On-road driving performance in pursuit of the Lexus Driving Signature
- The newly developed high-output and high-torque twin-turbo engines generate seamless and linear acceleration
- The first-ever use of EPS and the application of structural adhesives in the body achieve a straightforward response for
both steering and use of the accelerator pedal.
3. Refined off-road driving performance
- The 2,850-mm wheelbase, which has been inherited since the first generation, and the ground clearance angles (approach angle, departure angle, and ramp break angle) which are equivalent to those of the previous model, provide both rough-road driving performance and outstanding interior space.
- In addition to the evolution of Multi-Terrain Select and Crawl Control, various technologies have been introduced
to support off-road driving, such as a Multi-Terrain Monitor function and a dual display.
4. New grade lineup for meeting the diversifying needs of customers
- The VIP grade, with four independent seats, is equipped with rear seats that can be reclined up to 48 degrees and have a dedicated rear-seat console, providing the highest level of comfort on all road surfaces.
- For customers who desire a sporty driving experience on winding roads and elsewhere, the F SPORT grade features special tuning of the EPS and Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), allowing the driver to experience the linear response of the vehicle.
5. Proportions in line with Lexus' next-generation design language, which harmonizes functionality and elegance
- The “unchanging golden ratio” creates an appearance that combines sophistication with a powerful and overwhelming presence befitting a flagship.
- The new spindle grille, which pursues the new, function-rooted design language of the next generation of Lexus, is three-dimensional and chrome-frame-free, accentuating its sense of unity with the body and expressing a sense of mass while fulfilling functions such as cooling and rectification efficiency.
- Based on the Tazuna Concept, which generates dialogue between driver and vehicle, display and other switches are arranged to create a cockpit space that allows the driver to control the vehicle at will with minimal posture change, even on rough roads.
6. Advanced safety technologies and enhanced convenience based on a human-centered approach
- Lexus’ first fingerprint-authentication push-start switch reduces the risk of theft.
- Adoption of the latest in multimedia systems provides even greater convenience.
- The functions of the Lexus Safety System +, which contributes to safe and secure driving, have been expanded.